6 Environmental outlook for 2019
In 2019 we plan to:
- have our climate action targets approved by the Science Based Targets initiative.
- launch a “travel smart” initiative addressing the carbon footprint of our business related travel
- continue the effort to lower the average emission of our car fleet
- include green criteria into the design of new buildings in order to have them comply with green building standards such as LEED1 or BREEAM2.
- continue the roll-out of our Green@TSO program aimed at reducing our GHG emissions through the optimization of industrial processes.
- grow our EcoMakala and Desa’a Forest carbon compensation projects in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and in Ethiopia.
1 LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design)
2 BREEAM (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method) are leading standards for “assessing eco-buildings”.
Even sometimes when the future feels dark living with a chronic disease, an even bigger problem can be with your attitude. I have learned you need mental training so you can ‘turn around’ your brain, remain positive, and put your best self forward.